Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Digital Camera
- 12.8MP 4/3" Type Multi-Aspect MOS Sensor
- Leica DC Vario-Summilux f/1.7-2.8 Lens
- 24-75mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 2,764k-Dot EVF
- 3.0" 921k-Dot Rear LCD Screen
- 4K Ultra HD Video at 30/24 fps in MP4
- Full HD Video at 60fps in MP4 or AVCHD
- Manual Control Rings and Dials
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- External Flash Included
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Digital Camera is an advanced Four Thirds format point-and-shoot with manual controls designed to enable and inspire creativity. It features a large multi-aspect 4/3" type MOS sensor to produce 12.8MP still images (4:3) and 4K Ultra HD video at 30 and 24 fps. You also have the ability to extract high-resolution 8MP images from the 4K video, letting you capture entire scenes without missing a shot.
The built-in Leica DC Vario-Summilux zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-75mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives. With a fast maximum aperture of f/1.7-2.8, the lens lets you work in lower light situations and provides selective focus control for shallow depth of field imagery, enhanced by a nine-bladed aperture for smooth out-of-focus rendering. When more light is needed, the camera features an integrated hot shoe, letting you use external flash units. A compact flash unit is included with the camera, matching the style and color of the body, and providing a GN of 23' (7m) at ISO 100.
The lightweight, compact body features both an electronic viewfinder and a rear LCD screen. The high-density 2,764k-dot viewfinder lets you confidently frame your shots, even in bright outdoor environments. Delivering approximately 100% of the Adobe RGB color space, the viewfinder accurately reproduces hues, so you know what you see is what you're capturing. The rear 3.0" screen is also available, with a 921k-dot resolution. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows remote camera control and image sharing from linked mobile devices using the Panasonic Image App.
- The LX100 features a 4/3"-sized MOS image sensor - similar in size to the sensors found in Panasonic's interchangeable lens mirrorless Micro Four Thirds cameras. The high-sensitivity sensor features a multi-aspect sensor with 16.8MP total resolution, enabling you to use more height or width of the sensor, depending on the aspect ratio you're shooting in. Additionally, by maintaining an effective resolution of 12.8MP (in 4:3 mode), the volume of light is controlled to improve the S/N ratio for clearer, detailed imaged with reduced noise, even when shooting at ISO 25600.
- To take advantage of the multi-aspect sensor, a switch on the lens barrel lets you quickly switch between 4:3, 3:2, or 16:9 aspect ratios without having to scroll through menus.
- The LX100 is designed to inspire creativity by offering a full range of manual controls and advanced imaging features. Dedicated lens rings give you intuitive control of aperture, zoom, while dials on the top of the camera give you easy access to shutter speed and exposure compensation.
- The built-in Leica DC Vario-Summilux lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-75mm, covering wide-angle to portrait length perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of shooting conditions. An f/1.7-2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low light conditions throughout the entire zoom range and enables greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field imagery. Five aspherical elements, including two ED lenses, are incorporated into the lens design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range to benefit creating sharp, clear imagery.
- Light Speed AF, a contrast-detection AF system, uses Depth from Defocus technology to greatly reduce focus time. It instantly calculates distance to subject by evaluating two separate images with different sharpness levels. The result is a high-speed AF in approximately 0.14 seconds.
- The integrated 2764k-dot resolution viewfinder lets you frame and capture shots even in bright sunlight. Based on the Adobe RGB color space, the viewfinder faithfully reproduces the primary colors for more true-to-life hues, allowing you to accurate judge the colors of your scene. And to prevent missing any shooting opportunity, the Eye Sensor AF can be set to initiate auto focusing the instant you look into it.
- Take advantage of 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 video recording at 30 or 24 fps in MP4 format. 4K video can be recorded for up to 15 minutes, and requires an SD card rated at UHS-I Speed Class 3. The camera also records Full HD 1080p video at 60 or 30 fps in MP4 or AVCHD formats.
- The LX100 has the ability to use the 4K video as a high-speed burst shooting mode, letting you extract 8MP resolution stills from the footage. This yields images with enough resolution to enlarge and print high-quality photos. Once 4K photo mode is selected, the luminance level is adjusted to 0-255. At the same time, you can select 4:3 or 3:2, in addition to 16:9 with the aspect ratio switch.
- In addition to tradition exposure bracketing, the camera can also bracket images with different aspect ratios (4:3, 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1), white balance parameters, and monochrome photo styles.
- Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, Sunshine
Note: Available effects vary depending on shooting mode
- When extra light is needed, take advantage of the camera's integrated hot shoe with the included external flash unit. The flash features a guide number of 23' (7 m) at ISO 100.
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you use the Panasonic Image App on your mobile device to set focus and shoot photos and videos remotely. You can then instantly upload and share images to social media sites, as well as tag location information to the image using the GPS log on your smartphone or tablet. NFC support lets you instantly sync an NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet simply by touching it to the camera. You can also scan the QR code displayed on the camera monitor to sync.
- Fast shutter speed
- 11 fps burst shooting with mechanical shutter; up to 40 fps with electronic shutter
- Time lapse shot
- Stop motion animation
- Highlight/Shadow gamma curve control
- Focus Peaking with control ring
- Digital level gauge
- 43mm Filter thread
|Pixels||Actual: 16.84 Megapixel
Effective: 12.8 Megapixel
|Sensor||Four Thirds CMOS|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: AVCHD, MP4
|Max Resolution||4112 x 3088|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Lens||Lumix DC Vario, 11 Elements in 8 Groups
5 Aspherical, 2 ED
Effective Focal Length: 10.9 to 34mm (35 mm Equivalent: 24 to 75mm)
Aperture: f/1.7 (W) to f/2.8 (T) to f/16 (T)
Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 6.2x
Intelligent Zoom: 6.2x
|Focus Range||Normal: 19.69" to Infinity / 50 cm to Infinity
Macro: 1.18" to Infinity / 3 cm to Infinity
Manual: 1.18" to Infinity / 3 cm to Infinity
|ISO Sensitivity||200 to 25600 (Extended Mode:100 to 25600)|
Speed: 60 to 1/4000 Second
Speed: 1 to 1/16000 Second
1/2 to 1/16000 Second in Movie Mode
|Exposure Metering||Center-Weighted, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|Shooting Modes||A (Aperture Priority)
One Point Color
S (Speed Priority)
Toy Camera Effect
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
|Buffer/Continuous Shooting||Up to 40 fps for up to Frames|
|Effective Flash Range||Wide:2.0 to 46.3' / 0.6 to 14.1 m
Telephoto:0.98 to 27.89' / 0.3 to 8.5 m
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Resolution||3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 24 fps
1920 x 1080p: 60 fps, 30 fps
1280 x 720p: 30 fps
640 x 480p: 30 fps
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds|
|Screen||3.0" LCD Rear Screen (921,000 Pixels)|
|Connectivity||AV / USB Multi, AV Output, HDMI D (Micro)|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) Built In|
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1025 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.5 x 2.6 x 2.2" / 114.8 x 66.2 x 55.0 mm|
|Weight||13.86 oz / 393 g with battery and SD card|
|Package Weight||1.9 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.5 x 6.1 x 4.5"|
What's In The Box
1xPanasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Digital Camera
1xLens Cap String
1xHot Shoe Cover
1xFlash Storage Bag
-16GB SD Card
No product reviews yet.