FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only,Black)
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- X-Processor Pro Engine
- 0.77x 2.36m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot 3-Way Tilting LCD Screen
- Internal UHD 4K Video & F-Log Gamma
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 325-Point Intelligent Hybrid AF System
- Up to 8 fps Shooting and ISO 51200
- Weather-Sealed Body; Two UHS-II SD Slots
- Film Simulation and Grain Effect Modes
Offering a more conventional form factor and packing in UHD 4K video recording, FUJIFILM's X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera certainly aims to fill the needs of many working professionals. Equipped with a 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III image sensor and the X-Processor Pro Engine, users will be able to capture finely detailed imagery quickly and with low noise at sensitivities up to ISO 51200. The powerful combination permits rapid image capture at up to 8 fps with full AF tracking or at up to 14 fps using the silent electronic shutter. In terms of AF, the X-T2 uses an Intelligent Hybrid system with 325 points that ensure accurate, fast tracking of subjects in all modes.
For video, the X-T2 offers internal UHD 4K video as well as an 8-bit 4:2:2 HDMI output. The internal recording offers 100 Mbps bitrate for capturing fine details with ease. Along with this an F-Log Gamma setting will be available for capturing a flat picture best used in serious grading applications. Fuji's array of Film Simulations and Grain Effects can also be used here, for both photo and video shoots.
Improved handling is a key upgrade in the X-T2, incorporating a larger grip, locking dials, raised buttons, and more to make operation smoother. The weather-sealed body also sports a 0.5" 0.77x 2.36m-dot OLED EVF with a larger eyecup for comfortable composition and a base refresh rate of 60 fps, which can be boosted to 100 fps. There is also a 3.0" 1.04m-dot three-way tilting LCD screen for alternative viewing options. This screen has a unique tilt that permits shooting at odd angles, including in the portrait orientation. Additionally, it has a focus lever joystick that allows for rapidly adjusting and changing the selected AF point or area.
24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- Utilizing FUJIFILM's unique, randomized pixel array, the 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor affords a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and smooth tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing.
When paired with the X-Processor Pro, the sensor is also capable of producing clean image quality with reduced noise values, along with a native sensitivity range up to ISO 12800 that can be expanded to ISO 51200.
- Aside from benefitting the low-light performance, the X-Processor Pro also contributes to fast performance throughout the camera system, including a start-up time of 0.3 seconds, shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds, shooting interval time of 0.19 seconds, and AF speeds of up to 0.08 seconds. Coupled with the on-sensor phase-detection AF, up to 8 fps continuous shooting is also possible with full-time motion predictive AF for tracking fast-moving subjects while shooting. The ability to record compressed raw files also helps to expedite file transferring for longer continuous burst shooting, and both a fast top focal plane shutter speed of 1/8000 sec and a flash sync speed of 1/250 sec further contribute to shooting versatility.
- Beyond stills shooting, the X-T2 is the first FUJIFILM mirrorless camera to offer UHD 4K video recording options. It records this ultra high resolution 3840 x 2160 footage at an excellent 100 Mbps bitrate and with a minor 1.17x crop of the sensor. It also uses a 5120 x 2880 sample of the sensor that is 1.8x more resolution than the UHD 4K frame that is created, ensuring maximum resolution and detail is provided. Footage can be recorded internally for up to about 10 minutes, though with the addition of the optional Vertical Power Booster Grip users will be able to record for up to 30 minutes with ease. Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack for more advanced audio solutions. Users looking for a headphone jack will find one on the optional Vertical Power Booster Grip.
Full HD recording also benefits from the X-T2's video prowess, taking a 3000 x 1687 input to create finely detailed 1920 x 1080 footage at 100 Mbps. A variety of frame rates are available, including 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p, and True 24.00 for Full HD recording and 30p, 25p, 24p, and True 24.00 for UHD 4K.
Along with the vastly enhanced recording capabilities, the X-T2 offers an F-Log Gamma setting that provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This should maximize the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes. Image adjustments can be made as well to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness. Additionally, HDMI output is supported with an 8-bit 4:2:2 signal and users will be able to use Film Simulation effects to capture unique video.
- There are two distinct ways to monitor and compose images on the X-T2, an electronic viewfinder and a rear LCD screen, depending on your particular needs. The 0.5" EVF offers a high 0.77x magnification along with a 2.36m-dot resolution that ensures crisp imagery. Along with these features, the EVF uses an OLED display that provides deep blacks and rich, vivid colors. To ensure a clear view, the EVF offers a base refresh rate of 60 fps which can then be boosted to 100 fps for moments of intense action.
The rear 3.0" LCD screen received its own upgrades, especially with the introduction of a three-way tilt mechanism. This allows photographers and videographers to work in a variety of odd angles, including portrait orientation shooting. The screen features a high 1.04m-dot resolution for crystal clear viewing.
- Blending both phase- and contrast-detection focusing methods, the X-T2 is capable of acquiring focus both quickly and accurately. The entire system is comprised of 325 points, of which there are numerous phase-detection points for faster performance that is beneficial to photographing moving subjects. Approximately 50% of the width and 75% of the height of the imaging area is covered by phase-detection points, too, to offer greater compositional freedom without sacrificing fast autofocus performance. The majority of the frame is then also covered by an apt contrast-detection focusing system that has been quickened by the camera's refined processing power for more versatile control. For refined manual focusing control, Focus Peaking is available to highlight lines of contrast in the scene to more objectively determine sharp focus.
Continuous AF modes have been seriously upgraded, as the X-T2 now offers customization of a variety of settings in order to dial in the performance for your specific subject matter. This includes changing the sensitivity, speed, and more to ensure that just what you want to capture is in focus.
- Supporting its use in harsh climates, the durable weather-resistant body design is constructed from magnesium alloy and sealed to protect against dust, moisture, and cold temperatures down to 14°F.
- Dual SD card slots allow for a more flexible and reliable means of storing imagery, and both card slots are compatible with UHS-II standards for fast transfer speeds.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive adjustment over exposure settings, including a shutter speed dial that offers a mechanical shutter speed range from 1 to 1/8000 sec, as well as bulb and time settings. An ISO dial is also incorporated into the shutter speed dial, for confirming the sensitivity setting without having to turn the camera on. The exposure compensation dial lets you choose +/- 3 EV in 1/3 steps, and a command dial position expands the range to +/- 5 EV for further control.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection and six different function buttons can be assigned to control a range of settings.
- A dedicated Focus Lever provides faster, more intuitive control over selecting specific focus points while shooting.
- A larger grip and larger eyecup are available for a more comfortable feeling
- Four-way buttons on the back of the camera have been raised for a more tactile feel.
|Lens Mount||Fujifilm X Mount|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.6 x 15.6 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Audio: Linear PCM
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p (100 Mb/s H.264)
1920 x 1080p (100 Mb/s H.264)
1280 x 720p (50 Mb/s H.264)
|Video Clip Length||Up to 30 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Hybrid: 325|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.77x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Screen Pivoting LCD (1,040,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-12800 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 Second
Speed: 30 - 1/32000 Second
|Remote Control||RR-90 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Average Metering, Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multi-Zone Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes||Automatic Scene Recognition, Color Temperature, Custom, Fine, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Buffer/Continuous Shooting||Up to 14 fps for up to 42 Frames in JPEG Format
Up to 14 fps for up to 28 Frames in Raw Format
Up to 8 fps for up to 83 Frames in JPEG Format
Up to 8 fps for up to 33 Frames in Raw Format
Up to 5 fps for Unlimited Frames
Up to 5 fps for up to 39 Frames in Raw Format
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Start-up Time||0.3 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.05 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8" Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B, USB 3.0|
|Battery||1 x NP-W126S Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-9V AC Adapter (Optional)|
14 to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)
Humidity: 10 - 80%
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.2 x 3.6 x 1.9" / 132.5 x 91.8 x 49.2 mm|
|Weight||1.11 lb / 507 g with memory card and battery|
|Package Weight||3.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.1 x 5.6 x 5.6"|
What's In The Box
1x FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only,Black)
1x NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack
1x BC-W126 Battery Charger
1x EF-X8 Flash
1x Body Cap for FUJIFILM X-Mount Cameras
1x X-T2 Cover Kit
1x Shoulder Strap
1x Strap Clip
1x Clip Attaching Tool
1x Protective Cover
1x Vertical Power Booster Grip Connector Cover
1x Sync Terminal Cover
No product reviews yet.