Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
An essential lens if ever there was one, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G from Nikon is the classic normal-length prime featuring a bright maximum aperture and lightweight design. Corresponding to the natural field of view, the 50mm focal length is well-suited for a wide variety of subjects, including everything from landscape to portraiture. The f/1.8 design suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables controlling the focus position for using shallow depth of field techniques. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering. A Super Integrated Coating also suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, the Silent Wave Motor affords fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Normal-length prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture contributes to both low-light performance as well as offers greater control over depth of field.
- One aspherical element is used to greatly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||47°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.666|
|Optical Design||7 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||2.84 x 2.06" / 72.1 x 52.4 mm|
|Weight||6.53 oz / 185 g|
|Package Weight||1.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.5 x 5.0 x 5.0"|
What's In The Box
1xNikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens
1x58mm Snap-On Lens Cap
1xLF-4 Rear Lens Cap
1xHB-47 Bayonet Lens Hood for AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
1xCL-1013 Soft Lens Case
No product reviews yet.