Leica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera (Silver Anodized)
- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Leica Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens
- 3.68MP LCOS Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Contrast-Detect AF System
- Full HD 1080p Video at up to 60 fps
- ISO 50000 & 10-fps Continuous Shooting
- Aluminum & Magnesium Alloy Body Design
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
A no compromise compact, the silver anodized Leica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera wields a full-frame 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor within its exceptionally portable, and beautiful, body. Leveraging the power of the Leica Maestro II series image processor, high-resolution, low-noise imaging is possible at sensitivities up to ISO 50000 and at a continuous rate of 10 fps. Also, the camera utilizes a Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens to allow users to dramatically separate the subject from the background as well as work in difficult light conditions.
The design is benefitted by Leica's classic simple aesthetic and the body has easily read laser engraved lettering, numbers, and dials. Construction is solid with a machined aluminum top plate and a lightweight magnesium alloy body. Also, it has a large thumb rest on the back and a diamond pattern on the front leathering to ensure a firm, comfortable grip over the camera. Further, the Q (Typ 116) has a built-in 3.68-megapixel LCOS electronic viewfinder which provides a live through-the-lens image with handling similar to that of a rangefinder.
In addition to fully manual control with physical operation using the aperture and focus rings on the lens, auto focus is possible using a contrast-based system. This enables fast, sharp imaging at the click of the shutter. The rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor helps by allowing users to quickly take control of their focus by just tapping on their subject. Focusing aids are also available in the form of Focus Peaking and Live View Zoom.
Another benefit of the updated Maestro II processor is Full HD 1080p video capture at 60 or 30 fps. A built-in stereo microphone enables high-quality sound recording and an integrated wind filter limits extraneous noise. Full manual control will then allow users to dial in the exact look they want or need for their shot.
Share your photos and videos instantly thanks to an integrated Wi-Fi module which allows you to link the camera to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The Q also has an NFC chip for tap-to-connect functionality with certain devices and the free Leica Q app lets you take remote control of your camera for adjusting exposure while you shoot from odd angles and positions.
Leica Q (Typ 116)
- With Leica's classic styling's, the Q (Typ 116) offers an intuitive, minimal design while remaining compact. It packs a full-frame sensor and Summilux lens for optimal image quality in both stills and video. An electronic viewfinder is also available for rangefinder-like operation and handling, much like their M-series cameras.
- Featuring a full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor, this camera can capture sharp high-resolution images and Full HD video with exceptionally low noise at sensitivities up to ISO 50000. Combined with the power of the Maestro II image processor, this enables continuous shooting at a rate of up to 10 fps and video at up to 60 fps.
- Take control of your imaging with the ability to separate the subject from the background with the Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens of the Leica Q (Typ 116). It has a fast f/1.7 maximum aperture for working in low light conditions and both a physical aperture blade and focus ring for tactile operation. Users looking for a little tighter framing can benefit from a Digital Frame Selector setting which will crop in either 1.25x to a 35mm equivalent or 1.8x for a 50mm equivalent field of view, both of which will be visible on the EVF and LCD. Additionally, further benefitting image quality is an optical stabilization system to reduce camera shake in videos and photos and the ability to accept 49mm threaded filters.
- Natural, ergonomic shooting is possible with the inclusion of a 3.68MP LCOS electronic viewfinder in the top left corner on the back of the camera. This setup provides an exceptionally clear and bright viewing experience with a 1280 x 960 pixels x 3 colors design.
- Compose images, review photos, and adjust settings using the large 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD touchscreen on the rear of the camera. This panel is also touch capable for making fast changes to your settings. This enables features like touch focus for simply tapping on your subject to lock on.
- Record full HD 1080p video at either 60 or 30 fps with the Q, capturing sharp, highly detailed images thanks to the Maestro II image processor. The camera can also shoot 720p at 30 fps.
- Incorporating a solid machined aluminum top plate and a magnesium alloy body, the Q (Typ 116) is designed to last. The rear features a substantial thumb rest which combined with the diamond-patterned leathering makes for a supremely comfortable and secure grip over the camera.
- Share your photos and videos instantly thanks to an integrated Wi-Fi module which allows you to link the camera to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The Q also has an NFC chip for tap-to-connect functionality with certain devices and the free Leica Q app lets you take remote control of your camera for adjusting exposure while you shoot from odd angles and positions.
- DNG RAW and JPEG shooting are supported.
- Flash synchronization at up to 1/500 second.
- Selectable 10, 5, and 3 fps.
- Hot shoe for external flash units.
Leica Q (Typ 116) Specs
|Pixels||Actual: 26.3 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Image File Format||DNG, JPEG|
|Digital Zoom||1.8x Maximum|
|Focus Range||11.81" to Infinity / 30 cm to Infinity
6.69" to Infinity / 17 cm to Infinity
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Filter Size||49 mm|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 50000|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/2000 to 30 Seconds
1/16000 to 1/2500 Second
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Halogen, Manual, Shade|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 24 MP|
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 29.97p/59.94p
HD (1280 x 720) at 29.97p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC|
|Viewfinder and Monitor|
|Viewfinder Resolution||3,680,000 Dot|
|Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +3|
|Monitor Resolution||1,040,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Manual|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Battery||1 x BP-DC 12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1200 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.1 x 3.1 x 3.7" / 130 x 80 x 93 mm|
|Weight||1.41 lb / 640 g (Body with Battery)|
|Package Weight||5.305 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.25 x 9.1 x 6.6"|
What's In The Box
1xLeica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera (Silver Anodized)Carrying Strap
1xAccessory Shoe Cover
1xBP-DC 12 Lithium-Ion Battery for Select Leica Digital Cameras (7.2V, 1200mAh)
No product reviews yet.