Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Four UD Elements, One Aspherical Element
- Floating Optical System, Rear Focusing
- Subwavelength Coating
- Maximum Tilt: +/- 6.5°
- Maximum Shift: +/- 12mm
- Mount Rotation: +/- 90°
- Locking Tilt-Shift Mechanism
- Rounded 8-Blade Diaphragm
Presenting an ultra-wide field of view with advanced perspective and focus control, the TS-E 17mm f/4L is a Canon L-series tilt-shift lens well-suited to architecture and interior photography. Up to +/- 6.5° of tilt is possible, for focus control, and +/- 12mm of shift, to adjust perspective and composition. The tilt-shift mechanism can be rotated +/- 90° for applying movements in any direction, and a tilt-locking mechanism can be used while shooting for greater stability.
Complementing the operation of the lens, this L-series prime is also distinguished by its optical design that features four of Ultra-Low Dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations as well as one aspherical element to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion. Individual elements also feature a Subwavelength Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality. Additionally, a floating optical system and a rear focus design help to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- Perspective control, tilt-shift lens affords +/- 12mm of shift and +/- 6.5° of tilt, and both types of movements can be applied independently, and parallel or perpendicular to one another. Additionally, the tilt and shift functions can be rotated +/- 90° for applying the movements in distinct directions.
- Tilt-locking mechanism ensures the lens stays in place while shooting.
- Four Ultra-Low Dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberrations to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Sub Wavelength Coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Floating optical system, along with a rear focusing mechanism, maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
Canon 17mm f/4.0 Specs
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||104°|
|Tilt-Shift||+/- 6.5° Tilt
+/- 12 mm Shift
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||18 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.50 x 4.21" / 88.9 x 106.9 mm|
|Weight||1.8 lb / 820 g|
|Package Weight||2.6 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.189 x 5.512 x 5.354"|
What's In The Box
1xCanon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift Lens
1xLens Cap for TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift Lens
1xLens Dust Cap E (Rear)
1xLP1219 Soft Lens Case
No product reviews yet.