Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only)
- 16.05MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K 4096x2160 at 24p
- UHD 4K 3840x2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3.0" 1,036k-Dot OLED Touchscreen Monitor
- 2,359K-Dot OLED Live View Finder
- Support for 59.94p, 23.98p, 50p & 24p
- 4:2:2 8-Bit or 10-Bit HDMI Output
- High-Speed 49-Point Autofocus
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a true hybrid camera designed for both professional photo and video use. It features a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and a 4-CPU Venus Engine, capable of capturing high-resolution JPEG and RAW stills, as well as UHD 4K 3840x2160 30p/24p and cinematic DCI 4K 4096x2160 video at 24p. Like its predecessor, the GH4 features a weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, while offering increased resolution on both the OLED monitor and electronic viewfinder. It also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology, in-camera creative controls, and a high-speed 49-point autofocus in both photo and video mode.
The GH4 delivers video quality surpassing many professional video cameras. Video can be recorded in a variety of formats, from efficient AVCHD and AVCHD Progressive, to 200 Mbps All-Intra and 100 Mbps IPB MOV and MP4 formats. And because the GH4 is a global camera, the system frequency can be switched between 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz, yielding a variety of recording options including 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, and 59.94p. The system can also be switched to 24 Hz to capture true 24p in HD and 4K resolutions.
Video and photos are recorded to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. For high bit-rate 100 Mbps and 200 Mbps formats, SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) cards are supported and recommended. Video recorded to SD cards is 4:2:0 8-bit. Real-time 4:2:2 8-bit and 4:2:2 10-bit video can also be sent to an external monitor or recorder with an optional micro HDMI cable. Additional video features include focus peaking, timecode support, and cine-like gamma options. For unique expressions, VBR (Variable Frame Rate), time-lapse, and stop motion animation videos can be recording internally without the need for additional post-production processing. The GH4 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, battery charger with AC cable, body cap, hot shoe cover, USB cable, shoulder strap, and DVD with supplied software.
16.05 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- The 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor delivers high-quality images with high sensitivity and quick response times. The increased signal speed readout helps to suppress the effects of rolling shutter. In conjunction with the quad-core Venus Engine image processor, you'll enjoy dramatically improved sensitivity (maximum ISO 25600), gradation performance, resolution, and color reproduction.
- The DMC-GH4's 4/3" type sensor is large enough for shallow depth of field and yet small enough to take advantage of lighter, more compact lenses than a larger format camera would require. Plus, the short flange focal distance of the Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount makes it possible to add optional adapters (sold separately) to use a wide range of lenses, including PL-mount cinema lenses.
- High-speed, organic LED displays are used for both the Live View Finder and the rear monitor. The 3.0" monitor features a 1,036K-dot resolution and a touchscreen interface for intuitive control, while the LVF features a 2,359K-dot resolution. These displays feature 100% coverage and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio. An Eye Sensor automatically switches between the Live View-Finder and the rear monitor, for easy shooting with both.
- The DMC-GH4 features a magnesium alloy full die cast front and rear frame. A splash and dustproof design is achieved by tightly sealing the joints and control components. To further meet the demands of professional use, the shutter is rated for approximately 200,000 releases.
- The DMC-GH4 integrates Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC, letting you use the Panasonic Image App for remote photo and video shooting with compatible smartphones or tablets. The app also lets you embed location data to an image after shooting. If your mobile device isn't NFC compatible, you can still connect to the camera by scanning a QR code displayed on the GH4's monitor.
- The newly developed AF system features 49 points, giving you more flexibility when composing shots. The Custom Multi mode extends that flexibility even more with the ability to freely select what blocks to focus out of the 49 possible focusing areas.
- The high-precision Contrast AF integrates DFD (Depth from Defocus) technology to achieve AF speeds of approximately 0.07 sec in AFS mode. This enables the camera to shoot bursts of 12 fps in AFS mode.
- The Silent mode switches the shutter from mechanical to electronic and turns off sounds, while suppressing the AD assist lamp and flash with just a single setting. This is useful when capturing photos in situations where noise and light from the camera would be a distraction to performers or people around you.
- Shoot RAW photos and process the images in-camera to create JPEG images, instead of relying on post-processing. You can adjust the color space setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), white balance, noise reduction, sharpness, and hue. Lumix's Photo Style, Intelligent D-Range Control, and Intelligent Resolution can also be applied.
- Choose from a range of Photo Styles and Creative Control modes. Photo Styles for stills or video include Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom. Contrast, sharpness, noise reduction, saturation, and hue parameters can be adjusted for each mode and even set into the camera's memory.
- The DMC-GH4 brings the GH-line into the 4K age by offering both 16:9 UHD 4K 3840x2160 video at 23.98p, 24p or 29.97p, and 17:9 DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) 4K 4096x2160 videos at 24p. 4K resolutions can be recorded as MOV or MP4 files in high bitrate 100 Mbps IPB codec. When recording at 100 Mbps, you will need an SDHC/SDXC memory card capable of handling the transfer speed.
Please note: For better quality, 4K recording modes use a 1:1 pixel map of the sensor. This yields a slight crop of the sensor, resulting in approximately a full-frame crop factor of approximately 2.3x when shooting DCI 4K resolution.
- The DMC-GH4 is a true global camera, with system frequency switchable from 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz. You can also select 24 Hz frequency for true 24 fps cinematic video.
- The VFR mode enables Full HD video recording with slow/fast motion, depending on the video format and system frequency selected.
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/29.97p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/29.97p:
2 fps, 15 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 30 fps, 32 fps, 34 fps, 45 fps, 60 fps, 75 fps, 90 fps, 96 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/23.98p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/23.98p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps, 72 fps, 84 fps, 96 fps
2 fps, 15 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 30 fps, 32 fps, 34 fps, 45 fps, 60 fps
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/25.00p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/25.00p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 21 fps, 23 fps, 25 fps, 27 fps, 30 fps, 37 fps, 50 fps, 62 fps, 75 fps, 96 fps
2 fps, 12 fps, 21 fps, 23 fps, 25 fps, 27 fps, 30 fps, 37 fps, 50 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/24.00p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/24.00p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps, 72 fps, 84 fps, 96 fps
- Choose the video format that is right for each project. The DMC-GH4 is capable of ultra high bitrate video recording at 200 Mbps (All-Intra) or 100 Mbps (IPB). Available formats include MOV, MP4, AVCHD Progressive, and AVCHD at a variety of frame rates. In MP4 / MOV, high quality LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation) sound can be recorded. All internally recorded video codecs use 4:2:0 color sampling and an 8-bit color depth.
- Send 4:2:2 8-bit or 4:2:2 10-bit video in real-time to external monitors or recorders via the micro HDMI output. An optional micro HDMI cable is required. When outputting a 4:2:2 10-bit signal over HDMI, video cannot be recorded on the SDHX/SDXC memory card in the camera.
- For easy focusing, the GH4 incorporates a Focus Peaking function that shows the peak of focus in MF and AF+MF modes. Users can see the peaking of focus while monitoring the subject in live view. It can be set to HIGH / LOW / OFF and the color can also be changed to blue, white or orange according to the color of the shooting scene during live view. Focus peaking is also available while remote photo/video shooting with smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi.
- In addition to the standard luminance level of 16-235 and 16-255, the DMC-GH4 also offers 0-255.
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 17.2 Megapixel
Effective: 16.05 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Sensor Type / Size||MOS, 17.3 x 13.0 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, MPO, RAW
Movies: MOV, MP4, AVCHD
Audio: AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Video Format||4096 x 2160p at 24 fps (100 Mb/s MOV)
3840 x 2160p at 23.98/24/25/29.97 fps (100 Mb/s MOV)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/24/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (200 Mb/s MOV)
4096 x 2160p at 24 fps (100 Mb/s MP4)
3840 x 2160p at 23.98/24/25/29.97 fps (100 Mb/s MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/24/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (200 Mb/s MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 25/29.97 fps (20 Mb/s MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps (28 Mb/s MP4)
1280 x 720p at 25/29.97 fps (10 Mb/s MP4)
640 x 480p at 25/29.97 fps (4 Mb/s MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98 fps (24 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps (28 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (24 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (17 Mb/s AVCHD)
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 220 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||With Video (Stereo)|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,359,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.0 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.34x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4.0 to +4.0 m|
|Display Screen||3" Touchscreen Swivel OLED (1,036,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||200 to 25600 (Extended Mode:100 to 25600)|
|Shutter||60 to 1/8000 Second
60 Minute in Bulb Mode
1/24 to 1/16000 Second in Movie Mode
|Remote Control||DMW-RSL1 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multiple, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 0.0 to EV 18.0
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set|
|Buffer/Continuous Shooting||Up to 40 fps for up to Frames|
Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Self Timer||2, 10 Seconds
Number of Shots: 1 to 3
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, AV Output, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, Wired Remote Port|
|Software System Requirements||
Mac: OS X 10.5 or Later
|Battery||1Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1860 mAh|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.2 x 3.7 x 3.3" / 132.1 x 94.0 x 83.8 mm|
|Weight||19.75 oz / 559.91 g with SD card and Battery|
|Package Weight||2.8 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.7 x 5.7 x 5.7"|
What's In The Box
1xPanasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only)
1x7.2V 1860mAh Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
1xHot Shoe Cover
1xK1HY08YY0031 USB Connection Cable
1xPHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.5 PE (Windows)
1xSILKYPIX® Developer Studio 4.1 SE (Windows & Mac)
1xLoiLoScope (Trial Version, Windows)
No product reviews yet.