DJI Ronin S
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras
- Eight-Pound Payload Capacity
- Trigger and Mode Buttons for Control
- Offset Roll Motor for Screen Visibility
- One-Handed Operation
- Battery Grip Lasts up to 12 Hours
- Camera Control via Included Cables
- Includes Focus Wheel
- Additional Functions via Android/iOS App
The DJI Ronin-S is more than just a miniaturized version of the larger Ronin gimbal stabilizers; it represents a scalable ecosystem for integrating DSLR and mirrorless cameras into professional-grade workflows. The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter camera payloads, up to eight pounds. But don't let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it. While using the conventional battery grip, the Ronin-S will last up to 12 hours on a single charge.
Between the front trigger, the rear mode button, and the joystick, precise gimbal control lets you obtain the shots you require. The front trigger can lock the gimbal when held, re-center the gimbal when tapped twice, and engage the Selfie mode by turning 180° when tapped three times. Press the mode button to engage three customizable operation profiles, each with tuneable speed and response for different shooting scenarios. If fast-moving subjects are your forte, the Sport mode delivers extra-quick response times and fast gimbal movements, up to a maximum speed of 45 mph. With this operation flexibility, the Ronin-S will fit into documentary, event, and feature film workflows.
Everything you need to get started shooting with the Ronin-S comes with the gimbal. A sliding camera mounting plate for attaching your camera and balancing works with the included lens support and riser to secure your mirrorless or DSLR camera of choice. USB Type-C and Type-B cables are included for camera control functions like start/stop and focus pulling (depending on camera compatibility). A 24W USB charger is included for quick-charging the gimbal. The gimbal and all included accessories can be stored inside the included case, which helps protect your equipment during storage and transport.
Automated Creative FeaturesPanorama
- Use the Ronin-S to capture panoramic photos using precise gimbal movements.
- Using the DJI Ronin app for Android and iOS you can control your camera to take photos at specific intervals which, when combined and sequenced in post, can yield creative time-lapse movies. You can also pre-set a path for the gimbal to follow during time-lapse photography inside the app as well. Gimbal movement adds dynamic motion to your finished product without using post-production tools that can decrease resolution.
- With the Track function, you can program a repeatable gimbal movement. Having this functionality is great for when you need to block out scenes precisely and require complex camera moves to be executed without active operator input.
General FeaturesIncluded Focus Wheel
- A Focus Wheel is included for pulling focus with select camera systems with compatible lenses, or with a separately available focus motor. It attaches right to the side of the unit for seamless integration and a unified appearance.
- By offsetting the roll motor, the Ronin-S holds the camera above the roll axis, leaving the camera's LCD screen unblocked. This design also minimizes the camera shake that occurs when transitioning from upright to underslung modes and vice versa.
- Customize the response of the Ronin-S to fit your shooting style. Two response types can be saved and instantly recalled with a single click of the mode button. Go from smooth camera movement to rapid response with the flick of a switch to be ready for any kind of shooting situation.
- The Ronin-S was built to be modular. Direct-connected and wireless accessories are supported. For example, separately available DJI control devices, such as the Master Wheels and Master Force, enhance the usability of the Ronin-S in professional scenarios. The S-Bus connection supports third-party controls compatible with that standard protocol.
- The Ronin-S can mount to an RC buggy for low angle shots or even act as a stabilized remote head when mounted to a jib. The DJI Focus Command Unit can be mounted to the accessory dock, enabling creators to pull focus when operating with the standard handle. You can also attach the Ronin-S to a dual-handheld bar without compromising control of the gimbal, focus, or the camera shutter.
- Multiple accessory mounts are allocated on the Ronin-S, providing full support for add-ons such as a microphone, LED light, or a wireless video transmitter. Compatibility with DJI control devices such as Master Force provides intuitive controls. The Master Wheels are also able to provide remote operators precise gimbal movements.
- Advanced 32-bit ARM processor
DJI specialized gimbal drive motors with encoders
Support for 2.4/5.8 GHz receivers
Support for D-Bus receiver
Support for extended GPS
360° continuous rotation through slip ring
Three profile settings, including SmoothTrack and joystick parameters
Support for virtual joystick operation
Support for time-lapse, track, and panorama
Sport mode support
Roll 360° rotation support
Quick record function
|Number of Axes||3-Axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw)|
|Rotation Range||Yaw (Pan): 360°
Pitch (Tilt): 280° (-95 to 185°)
|Follow Speed||Pan: 360°/s
|Load Capacity||7.94 lb / 3.6 kg|
|Ports||1 x USB Type-C|
|Wireless Frequency||Remote: 2.4 GHz (2.4 - 2.48)|
|Wireless Protocol||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Battery Type||1 x Built-In|
|Capacity (mAh)||2400 mAh|
|Capacity (Wh)||34.56 Wh|
|Battery Runtime||12 Hours|
|Operating Current||0.16 A|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 113°F / -20 to 45°C|
|Mounting||1 x 1/4"-20 Female Thread
1 x 3/8"-16 Female Thread
|Dimensions||23.23 x 11.54 x 10.08" / 590 x 293 x 256 mm|
|Weight||4.1 lb / 1.86 kg|
|Package Weight||8.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.5 x 7.0 x 6.5"|
What's In The Box
1xBG37 Grip with Built-In Battery
1xCamera Mounting Plate
1xRSS IR Control Cable
1xUSB-C Camera Control Cable
1xUSB Micro-B Camera Control Cable
1xUSB Type-C Cable
1x24W USB Power Supply
1xTouch Fastener Strap for Cable
1xTouch Fastener Strap for Gimbal
No product reviews yet.