Nikon D7100 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens
- 24.1 MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2" 1,229k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080i Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 3500DX 51-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 6400, Extended to ISO 25600
- 6 fps Shooting for 100 Shots
- 2,016-Pixel RGB Sensor Exposure Metering
- DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
The Nikon D7100 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens pairs a compact DSLR that has many professional-grade features with an all-in-one zoom lens. With the camera's 24.1MP DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image processor, this setup provides images with accurate colors while retaining sharp details, since there is no low-pass filter. The camera also features a continuous shooting speed of 6 frames per second and a sensitivity of up to 25,600 ISO, allowing for sharp images with minimal noise in low-light conditions.
A 51-point focus area with 15 cross-type sensors detects both horizontal and vertical variations for fast, accurate autofocusing. Additionally, the D7100 offers a 1.3x crop mode which provides a slight increase in focal length and faster image processing. In addition, the D7100's dual SDXC card slots allow you to store numerous photos and videos.
Full HD video recording is possible at up to 60 frames per second with full manual operation. This can all be seen on the 3.2" 1,229k-dot TFT-color LCD with 100% coverage. Also, an OLED display is featured in the optical viewfinder for clear reading of the camera's settings. Additionally, a built-in flash with Commander function supports Advanced Wireless Lighting and a hot shoe mount is available for speedlights.
The D7100 is compatible with the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter for wireless connectivity. With the WU-1a and Nikon's free Wireless Mobile Utility app installed on your smartphone or tablet, you can instantly share images on the Internet and use your phone or tablet as a Live View monitor.
The camera is compatible with all Nikon F-mount lenses, both FX and DX-format. Included in this kit is the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens. This is an all-in-one zoom lens capable of shooting from wide-angle to telephoto images. It is compatible with DX-format cameras and features an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass element and an aspherical element. These optical components improve edge sharpness and correct chromatic and geometric distortions. Additionally, it features Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus for fast, accurate focusing and Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization.
24.1MP DX-Format Sensor + EXPEED 3 Image Processing System
- With its 24.1MP CMOS image sensor and Nikon's EXPEED 3 image processing system, the D7100 DSLR delivers high quality images with low noise. The EXPEED 3 image processor combined with 14-bit analog/digital conversion provides even tonal gradations while managing color, contrast, exposure, and noise, resulting in brilliant image quality. EXPEED 3 also provides the D7100 with fast response time, autofocus speed and a rapid six frames-per-second (fps) burst speed up to 100 images.
- The D7100 is designed without the optical low-pass filter which will allow the sensor to capture images with exceptional sharpness and detail.
- With full-time autofocus and manual exposure control during video recording, a built-in stereo microphone and an external stereo microphone jack, headphone and HDMI jacks, the D7100 achieves exceptional cinematic reproduction and quality. Record in several high-definition formats: 1080p at 60i/50i/30/25/24 fps or 720p at up to 60p for ultra-smooth slow-motion sequences. Dual SD card slots give you additional recording time, and a 60i function enables smooth playback on HDTVs or external monitors.
- The D7100 features a 3.2" ultra-high-resolution 1,229K-dot LCD monitor which provides crisp image playback, menu adjustments and Live View shooting. The pentaprism eye-level optical viewfinder contains a low-power consumption OLED display element for bright, high contrast data readout and provides 100% frame coverage.
- The D7100 uses 51 focus points, including 15 cross-type sensors for detecting both vertical and horizontal contrast variations, to achieve fast, precise focus.
- Get closer to your subject with a 1.3x crop mode. Using the 1.3x crop option allows the 51 autofocus points to cover almost the entire frame as well as providing longer equivalent focal lengths and faster image processing.
- Built-in HDR (High Dynamic Range) combines shots taken simultaneously at different exposures into one rich, high-contrast image. When shooting high contrast scenes with bright spots and shadows, HDR will create a balanced image in which no details are lost.
- Picture Control gives you instant access to the color characteristics of your images and allows you to tweak colors for optimization or completely redesign the look of your image for creative variations.
- Spot White Balance control for Live View shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- The built-in pop-up iTTL Speedlight offers wide-angle flash-coverage. The camera also has Wireless Commander support so users can maximize the potential of Nikon's creative lighting options. Using the integral flash set to Wireless Commander in combination with one or several off-camera Nikon Speedlights, you can create a unique look for each and every photograph. Up to eight Speedlights can be fired at once. A hot shoe/accessory mount is also available for external Speedlights.
- The D7100 DSLR features dual SD card slots with SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card compatibility that offers several recording options including designating separate NEF (RAW) JPEG and movie files.
- The D7100 combines lightweight handling and durability with magnesium alloy top and rear covers and weather and dust sealing.
- Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, Food, Special Effects Mode (Nigh Vision, Color Sketch, Miniature, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, Low Key), User Setting 1, User Setting 2
- Full-frame and Thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 images or calendar) Playback with playback zoom, Movie Playback, Photo and/or Movie Slide Shows, Histogram Display, Highlights, Photo Information, GPS Data Display and Auto Image Rotation
- Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Connect the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter to the D7100 and instantly transfer shots to a compatible smartphone or tablet, then upload them to the web, send by email or text-share them however you like. With Nikon's free Wireless Mobile Utility installed on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet you can also remotely control the D7100. Use your phone or tablet as a Live View monitor to take shots without having the camera in your hands.
Included AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- Compatible with DX-sized image sensors.
- The 7.8x magnification ratio provides a versatile 18-140mm zoom range (27-210mm equivalent) covers close-ups, portraiture, and telephoto imaging.
- Vibration Reduction can provide up to 4 stops of image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and video.
- One aspherical and one ED lens element reduce chromatic aberration and help improve image sharpness, clarity, field flatness.
- The Nikon Super Integrated Coated lens system enhances light transmission and reduces lens flare.
- The Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control of focus placement.
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Camera Format||DX / (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 24.71 Megapixel
Effective: 24.1 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||24.1 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Audio: Linear PCM
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Focus Lock AF Area Mode, Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.94x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-2 to +1 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Screen Live Preview LCD (1,229,000)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||170.0°|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-6400 (Extended Mode: 12800-25600)|
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 Seconds
|Remote Control||ML-L3 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||3D Color Matrix Metering, Center-Weighted Average Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Bulb, Flash Off, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Natural White), Fluorescent (White), Fluorescent H, Incandescent, Kelvin, Preset Manual, Shade|
Rear Curtain/Slow Sync
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
|Guide No.||39'; (11.89 m) ISO100|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||iTTL Remote Firing|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|File Size||1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
1920 x 1080i (Full HD)
1280 x 720p (HD)
|Frame Rate||@ 1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 50 fps
@ 1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
@ 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps
|Exposure Control||Auto: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
Manual: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 - 6400, Expandable to 25600|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Max Video Clip Length||1920 x 1080: 20 Minutes
1280 x 720: 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
|Audio Recording||Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Self Timer||2 Seconds, 5 Seconds, 10 Seconds, 20 Seconds
Number of Shots: 1 - 9
HDMI C (Mini)
|Battery||1 x EN-EL15 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|AC Power Adapter||EH-5b (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.3 x 4.2 x 3.0" / 134.6 x 106.7 x 76.2 mm|
|Weight||1.49 lb / 675.85 g camera body only|
|Focal Length||18 - 140mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 - 210 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/22 - 38
|Angle of View||76° - 11° 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45.11 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:0|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.07 x 3.82" / 7.80 x 9.70 cm|
|Weight||17.3 oz / 490 g|
|Package Weight||5.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.0 x 7.0 x 6.5"|
What's In The Box
1xNikon D7100 DSLR Camera
1xEN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery (1900mAh)
1xMH-25 Quick Charger
1xDK-5 Eyepiece Shield (Replacement)
1xDK-23 Rubber Eyecup for Select Nikon DSLR Cameras
1xAN-DC1 Camera Strap
1xBF-1B Body Cap
1xBS-1 Hot-Shoe Cover
1xAF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
1x67mm Snap-On Lens Cap
1xLF-4 Rear Lens Cap
1xUC-E17 USB Cable
1xView NX 2 CD-ROM
-16GB SD Card
-Nikon DSLR Bag
No product reviews yet.