Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/40
- Four ED Elements, One Super ED Element
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR Image Stabilization
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Summing up several telephotos in one convenient zoom, the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VRfrom Nikon is a versatile lens covering portrait-length to super-telephoto focal lengths. Characterized by an advanced optical design, this lens uses one super extra-low dispersion element and four extra-low dispersion elements to noticeably reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to control flare and ghosting in order to increase contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions. A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, Vibration Reduction image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops.
- Portrait-length to super-telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 120-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- One super extra-low dispersion element and four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by four stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rotating tripod collar benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.
|Focal Length||80 - 400mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/32 - 40
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||30° 10' - 6° 10'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||5.74' / 1.75 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5|
|Optical Design||20 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.76 x 7.99" / 95.5 x 203 mm|
|Weight||3.45 lb / 1570 g|
|Package Weight||5.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.8 x 7.6 x 7.6"|
What's In The Box
1xNikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
1x77mm Snap-On Lens Cap
1xLF-4 Rear Lens Cap
1xHB-65 Bayonet Lens Hood
1xCL-M2 Lens Case (Black)
No product reviews yet.