Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Distinguishing itself through its classic styling, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition from Nikon is an updated version of this venerable prime featuring a re-envisioned exterior and knurled focusing ring. Corresponding to the natural field of view, the 50mm focal length is well-suited for a wide variety of subjects, including everything from landscape to portraiture. The f/1.8 design suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables controlling the focus position for using shallow depth of field techniques. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering. A Super Integrated Coating also suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, the Silent Wave Motor affords fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override
- Special Edition of the 50mm f/1.8G lens features a classically styled exterior, designed to match the Df DSLR, as well as a knurled focusing ring for improved tactile response.
- Normal-length prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture contributes to both low-light performance as well as offers greater control over depth of field.
- One aspherical element is used to greatly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||47°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.666|
|Optical Design||7 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||2.87 x 2.07" / 73 x 52.5 mm|
|Weight||6.70 oz / 190 g|
|Package Weight||0.95 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.9 x 5.2 x 4.9"|
What's In The Box
1xNikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition Lens
1x58mm Snap-On Lens Cap
1xLF-4 Rear Lens Cap
1xHB-47 Bayonet Lens Hood for AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
1xCL-1013 Soft Lens Case
No product reviews yet.