Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Lens Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Inspired by the famous Noct NIKKOR, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G from Nikon is a unique prime that pairs the distinct slightly long focal length with a fast maximum aperture. The bright f/1.4 design enables working in difficult lighting conditions and also permits working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques. In regard to the optics, a pair of aspherical elements are used to reduce distortion, spherical aberrations, and comatic aberrations to realize sharp, clear image quality throughout the aperture range. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor provides fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Slightly longer-than-normal prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however is also compatible with DX models where it provides an 87mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively fast f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also enables greater control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements are used to greatly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering. Additionally, the optical design has also been optimized for shooting at wider apertures, including f/1.4, and minimizes comatic aberrations and ensures even sharpness across the frame.
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||40° 50'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.90' / 58 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7.69|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.35 x 2.76" / 85 x 70 mm|
|Weight||13.58 oz / 385 g|
|Package Weight||1.3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.4 x 5.1 x 4.8"|
What's In The Box
1xNikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G Lens
1x72mm Snap-On Lens Cap
1xLF-4 Rear Lens Cap
1xHB-68 Bayonet Lens Hood
1xCL-1015 Soft Lens Case
No product reviews yet.