Sony FDR-AX100E 4K Ultra HD Camcorder
- 4K Ultra HD at 25/24 fps/20MP Stills
- 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Bionz X Processor
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens
- 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- 0.39" OLED EVF / 3.5" XtraFine LCD
- High Speed 120 fps Recording
- Records XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
The black Sony FDR-AX100E Full HD Camcorder brings 4K Ultra HD video to the palm of your hand, delivering resolution four times that of Full HD. It is compatible with European broadcast standards and is not compatible with NTSC equipment. The 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor is approximately 8x larger than that of typical camcorders, allowing you to capture cinematic images with shallow depth-of-field for defocused backgrounds. The camcorder features a wide-angle Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens with 12x optical zoom plus 24x Clear Image digital zoom. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode delivers smooth video, and 3-Way-Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother results.
The FDR-AX100E is a versatile camcorder that lets you capture 4K Ultra HD 3840x2160 video at 24 and 25 fps. You can also record Full HD 1920x1080 video in XAVC S, AVCHD, or web-optimized MP4, as well as take high-quality 20MP still images. Media is recorded to SD or Memory Stick Duo memory cards. For XAVC S recording, SDXC Class 10 cards are required.
Frame your shots using either the large 3.5" XtraFine LCD touchscreen, or with the high-contrast 0.39" OLED EVF. For connectivity, the camcorder provides a USB 2.0 port, Micro HDMI output, and a Composite Video output. Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC support lets you use your smartphone or tablet to control the camera, as well as wirelessly transfer files to your mobile device for sharing, and back up data on your computer.
A rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, AC adapter, power cord, HDMI Micro cable, and a USB connection support cable come included. Also included are a lens hood, lens cap, and RMT-835 Remote Commander with battery.
Capture 4K Ultra HD Video
- Capture the finest details in 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution. This camcorder allows incredibly high resolution, to produce vibrant and realistic images. In addition, the fast image processor is the same one employed in professional Sony camcorder models, making it possible to record 60p movies at Full HD resolution for incredibly smooth and sharp playback, with no loss in realism, even when panning the camera and shooting moving subjects.
- The camcorder features Sony's first 1.0" Exmor R CMOS sensor. The back-illuminated technology improves low-light sensitivity and combines with Sony's Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise by 50%. This is great when shooting in dimly lit environments such as night landscapes or indoor scenes.
- Capture high-quality 20MP still images, as well as 14.2MP (16:9) and 15MP (4:3) images. You can also take 2.1MP images while recording video.
- The FDR-AX100E records Full HD movies in the XAVC S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec for compression while saving files in a MP4 wrapper. The highly compressed files allow for longer record times. The camcorder also records in AVCHD, providing high-quality video for HDTV playback and Blu-ray disc burning. Additionally, the camcorder can shoot MP4 HD video, which is ideal for sharing over the internet at up to 28 Mbps. Having the ability to switch between all three of three formats makes this camcorder a versatile tool content creation. . For the greatest flexibility, you can even record AVCHD and MP4 formats simultaneously.
- The FDR-AX100E comes equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens. It features a wide 35mm-equivalent focal length of 29mm, making it suitable for capturing landscapes, as well as 12x optical zoom and 24x Clear Image zoom, for getting close to the action.
- The BIONZ X Image processor enables the camcorder to create more naturally vivid and lifelike images with higher resolutions. Detail reproduction technology optimally filters edges and textures differently depending on the scene. It also features area specific noise reduction which swiftly and efficiently analyzes the subject and reduces noise. The image processor also allows you to record at 120 fps for slow-motion playback at 1/5th the speed when played back at 24 fps after post-processing.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode is an advanced optical Image stabilization technology that corrects camera shake to capture scenes with smoothness and stability. Intelligent Active Mode analyzes video frames and provides compensation with assistance from the BIONZ X image processing engine. Whether recording movies while walking or zooming, you can capture scenes with a higher level of stability.
- The FDR-AX100E provides a high contrast 0.39" OLED Tru-Finder EVF which reproduces rich color and deep blacks. The optical design of the EVF utilizes four dual-surface aspherical lenses, allowing for a 33° wide viewing angle that is clear from edge-to-edge of the viewfinder.
- The 3.5" Xtra Fine LCD screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 921K dot resolution, delivering sharp, bright, and vivid images. The large screen allows you to compose your shots more easily, even when outdoors.
- Built-in Wi-Fi/NFC support enables easy connectivity with smartphones for one-touch sharing and one-touch remote control. NFC (near field communication) provides "touch connection" convenience when transferring images to Android smartphones and tablets. You simply touch your NFC-compatible device to the camcorder to establish a connection.
- Expand photographic and movie shooting possibilities by attaching optional accessories via the Multi Interface Shoe. Attach an electronic viewfinder, external flash, stereo microphone, or even a compatible remote control via the Multi Terminal.
- Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick XC-HG Duo / PRO Duo (Mark 2) memory cards
- SDXC Class 10 cards are required for UHD 4K and HD XAVC S formats
- Built-in ND filters: Off, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- Manual focus assist: magnified display, peaking, and tracking focus
- Built-in speaker (monaural)
- Premium Closer Voice
- My Voice Cancelling
- 7 Picture Effects for video and photos
- LOW LUX mode
- Manual iris control
- Self timer
- Red-eye reduction
- Black/white fader effects
- Face detection
- CinemaTone Gamma/Color
- NightShot infrared system
- Airplane mode
|Sensor||1-Chip 1" CMOS|
|Effective Pixels||14.2 MP (16:9 Video)
14.2 MP (16:9 Photo)
10.6 MP (4:3 Photo)
|Focal Length||9.3 - 111.6mm|
|35mm-Equivalent Focal Length||29 - 348 at 16:9
35.5 - 426 at 4:3
|Maximum Aperture||f/2.8 - f/4.5|
|Filter Size||62 mm|
|Built-In ND Filters||Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64|
|Recording Media||x Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p at 24/25 fps (60 Mb/s XAVC S)
1920 x 1080p at 25/50 fps (50 Mb/s XAVC S)
1920 x 1080p at 50 fps (28 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080p at 24 fps (24 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080p at 24 fps (17 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080i at 50 fps (24 Mb/s AVCHD)
1920 x 1080i at 50 fps (17 Mb/s AVCHD)
1440 x 1080i at 50 fps (9 Mb/s AVCHD)
1440 x 1080i at 50 fps (5 Mb/s AVCHD)
1280 x 720p at 25 fps (AVCHD)
|Slow Motion Mode||120 fps Recorded at 1280 x 720p|
|Still Image Resolution||JPEG: 20 Megapixel, 5968 x 3352 (16:9)
JPEG: 15 Megapixel, 4464 x 3352 (4:3)
JPEG: 14.2 Megapixel, 5024 x 2824 (16:9)
JPEG: 10.6 Megapixel, 3760 x 2824 (4:3)
JPEG: 2.1 Megapixel, 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
JPEG: .3 Megapixel, 640 x 480 (4:3)
Dolby Digital 2ch
Dolby Digital 5.1
|Sampling Frequency||LPCM: 48.0 kHz|
|Bit Rate||LPCM: 16.0-Bit|
|Screen Resolution||921,000 Dots|
|Resolution||1920 x 480|
|Rotation||Opening Angle: 90°
Turning Angle: 270°
|EVF Resolution||1,440,000 Dots|
|Shutter Speed||1/8 - 1/10000 Second ()|
|Scene Modes||Preset: Yes|
|Lux||6 (Lux at 4K)
3 (Lux at HD)
|White Balance Modes||Auto
|Built-In Light/Flash||Light - No
Flash - No
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 4|
|Accessory Shoe||1 x Multi Interface Shoe|
|Outputs||1 x Composite Video Requirees cable, not included
1 x Micro-HDMI (Type D)
1 x USB Micro-B
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 6.8-8.4 VDC, 2060 mAh|
|Charging Method||AC Adapter
|Power Adapter||100 - 240 VAC, 50 / 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||In LCD Operation: 5.6 W
In Viewfinder Operation: 5.3 W
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||3.2 x 3.3 x 7.7" / 81.0 x 83.5 x 196.5 mm|
|Weight||1.74 lb / 790 g|
|Package Weight||3.65 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.5 x 6.5 x 5.4"|
What's In The Box
1xSony FDR-AX100E 4K Ultra HD Camcorder
1xNP-FV70 V-Series Rechargeable Battery Pack (1960mAh, 6.8-8.4V)
1xAC-L200 AC Adapter
1xMicro HDMI Cable
1xUSB Connection Support Cable
1xRMT-835 Remote Commander
1xCR2025 Battery for Remote Commander
No product reviews yet.