Sony HDR-AS300 Action Camera with Live-View Remote
- Supports 1080p60/50 Video in XAVC S
- Optically Stabilized Ultra-Wide Lens
- Wi-Fi for Remote Monitoring and Control
- Live-View Remote Control & Wristband
- Included Housing Waterproof to 197'
- 12MP Photos in 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- 120 fps in 720p and 240 fps in 480p
- Burst and 4K Time-Lapse Photo Modes
- Live Streaming via Ustream Platform
- Adjustable FOV: Wide/Medium/Narrow
The HDR-AS300 Action Camera with Live-View Remote from Sony uses optical (rather than digital) stabilization to capture smooth, full HD, live streamable video. The included RM-LVR3 Live-View remote control provides wireless Bluetooth camera control in a flexibly-mountable form. Wear the control on the included wrist strap or use it with optional accessory mounts (not included). This NTSC/PAL–switchable camera features up to 1080p60/50 capture in both XAVC S and MPEG4-AVC formats. High-speed recording for slow-motion playback is available in 120 fps and 240 fps (100/200 in PAL). The MPK-UWH1 housing is waterproof to a depth of 197' and protects against dust and dirt out of water.
The HDR-AS300 HD Action Cam can also record 12MP still photos, 4K time-lapse images, single-frame composite images, video loop-recording, and photo bursts of up to 10 frames. Other features that maximize your adventure-capturing include a built-in microphone, GPS tagging, select smartphone remote-control, an underwater scene mode, multiple-camera control, and a dual memory-stick/microSD card slot. The HDR-AS300 can record audio using its internal microphone or via the stereo mini-jack mic input.
The RM-LVR3 Live-View remote control offers full control of the camera's settings and can power the camera on and off. For ease of use, the remote displays the same interface design as the camera. The optional Sony PlayMemories Mobile app offers Wi-Fi remote camera control, and JPEG/MP4 image transfers for select smartphones (functions differ according to smartphone model). Multi-camera control is available using the RM-LVR3 or the PlayMemories Mobile app remote control.
Remote ControlAdditional Features
- The included RM-LVR3 Live-View remote controller functions both as a viewfinder and a remote camera controller, sharing the same interface design as the camera body. Remote control of the camera is also available through select smartphones using the optional Sony PlayMemories Mobile app.
- The camera's SteadyShot function - available for both video and still capture, is an optical-stabilization system, improving upon prior models' digital image stabilization.
- The included camera housing is waterproof to a depth of 197' and enables you to maintain control of all the camera settings.
- Video can be recorded in both XAVC S and MPEG4-AVC/H.264 formats with high, standard, and lower–resolution options. Resolutions range from a high of 1080p60 down to 720p30 (useful when extended recording times are a priority).
- Capture action details in slow motion video at 120 fps in 720p or 240 fps in 480p.
- The HDR-AS300 features an ultra-wide 2.6mm f/2.8 lens with a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 17mm. The camera also has different video modes that allow for an adjustable field-of-view with wide, medium, and narrow settings. The lens' 20" minimum focus distance lets you get close up to your subjects.
- Share your adventures via live streaming using the Ustream platform (not included).
- Capture 12MP 16:9 format photos, shoot bursts of 2, 5, or 10 fps, or highlight an action sequence in a single composite frame created from a still burst.
- The time-lapse mode captures 4K still images from which you can create time-lapse movies using Action Cam Movie Creator or Action Cam App v.2.0 (optional applications).
- Loop recording (overwriting) enables you to record continuously, or in 5, 20, 60, or 120–minute lengths. This option is designed to capture the "big moment" without wasting large amounts of recording memory.
- Automatic and manual white-balance and color options, AE (auto-exposure)-shifting, a built-in mic and speaker, self-timer, and GPS-logging are some of the additional camera features designed for optimal image capturing.
|Sensor||1-Chip 1/2.5" CMOS|
|Sensor Resolution||8.57 MP|
|Effective Pixels||8.2 MP (Video / Image Stabilizer Off, Wide Mode)
8.2 MP (Photo / Image Stabilizer Off, Wide Mode)
|35mm-Equivalent Focal Length||17|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||20.0" / 50.0 cm|
|Recording Media||x Memory Stick Micro, microSD/HC/XC|
|Recording Time||microSD/SDHC 16 GB
1920 x 1080 120 Minutes
|Video Format||1920 x 1080p at 25/30/50/60 fps (H.264)
1280 x 720p at 25/30/100/120 fps (H.264)
800 x 480p at 200/240 fps (H.264)
1920 x 1080p at 24/25/30/50/60 fps (XAVC S)
|Slow Motion Mode||120 fps Recorded at 1280 x 720p
240 fps Recorded at 800 x 480p
|Still Image Resolution||DCF: 12 Megapixel, 16 x 9 (4608:2592)|
|Shutter Speed||1/30 - 1/10000 Second (Video)|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Auto|
|Shooting Modes||Burst Shooting
Super Slow Motion Movie
|Self-Timer||2, 10 Sec|
|Remote Control||RM-LVR3 (Included)|
|Scene Modes||Preset: Yes|
|Shockproof Rating||197.0' / 60.0 m|
|Waterproof Depth Rating||197.0' / 60.0 m (Waterproof Housing)|
|White Balance Modes||Auto
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 4|
|Tripod Mount||1/4" - 20|
|Outputs||1 x Micro-HDMI (Type D)
1 x Multi-Terminal Micro USB-B
|Power Consumption||Recording: 2.0 W|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||1.0 x 1.9 x 3.3" / 24.9 x 47.0 x 83.0 mm|
|Weight||3.85 oz / 109 g|
|Package Weight||1.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.0 x 5.1 x 4.5"|
What's In The Box
1xSony HDR-AS300 Action Camera with Live-View Remote
1xLive-View Remote Controller (RM-LVR3)
1xWristband, Mount Adapter, & Cradle
1xUnderwater Housing for Select Action Cams
1xNP-BX1/M8 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1240mAh)
No product reviews yet.